Introduction to Adlerian Psychology
Access course: 3 year Combined Adlerian Diploma Course
Time: 6.00 pm – 9.15 pm Tuesday evenings
Date: 24 April 2018 – 19 June 2018 8 sessions with a half-term break
Venue: 56 St James Street, Narberth
Tutors: One Core Tutor
Cost: £400.00 with £50.00 non-refundable deposit payable in advance to secure your place
£350.00 Early bird cost for registration with full payment by 1 March 2018
We are working towards Level 3 accreditation with CPCAB. If achieved prior to the start of the course there is a possibility extra contact time may be needed.
Who is the course for?
The Adlerian Society of Wales is pleased to announce that it will be running another Introduction Course in the Spring/Summer of 2018. The Course is open entry and will be suitable for anyone who is interested in counselling, personal development, support, insights into child behaviour, or in understanding what motivates human behaviour.
Entry Requirements and Accreditation
The course is open to anyone above the age of 18 years. The course is accredited by the Adlerian Society of Wales and successful completion gives access to the Certificate in Adlerian Counselling for those over the age of 23 years, or for suitably qualified professionals over the age of 25, the Adlerian Diploma. A certificate of attendance is given by the Adlerian Society of Wales.
Course content and methodology
The Course will include short lectures/seminars, counselling demonstrations, small group work, experiential exercises and, where applicable, one-to-one tutorials.
Course content includes a thorough introduction to Adlerian theory and practice and a range of counselling skills including the following:
- Key concepts and theory of Adlerian Psychology.
- Birth Order: understanding how our place in the family system influences our personality.
- Childhood Early Memories: the key to understanding human behaviour and self-concept.
- Counselling Demonstrations.
- Encouraging Co-operative Children: the mistaken goals of child behaviour.
- Family Constellations: how family atmosphere, values and myths play their part in our lives.
- Dreams and their interpretation.
- The Adlerian concept of neurosis and mental health.
- Social Interest: the measure of mental health.
- How to bring about changes of behaviour.
- Practice in a range of counselling and communication skills.
Booking: Please contact: Administrator, Adlerian Society of Wales, 56 St James Street, Narberth, SA67 7DA
Tel: 01834 860330 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Adlerian College of Wales (the training arm of the Adlerian Society of Wales) reserves the right to make changes to the dates and course content where necessary.
- In the unlikely event we do not recruit sufficient candidates to make a viable course, your monies will be refunded
- Payment option of two instalments available on request