Introduction to Adlerian Psychology
Access course: 3 year Combined Adlerian Diploma Course
Time: Evening sessions 6.00 pm – 9.15 pm
Date: 25 April 2017 – 20 June 2017 (Tuesday evening) 8 sessions
& Two Saturday mornings: 29 April & 24 June 2017 10.00am – 13.00pm
Venue: 56 St James Street, Narberth
Tutors: One Core Tutor
Cost: £300.00 with £50.00 deposit payable in advance
Who is the course for?
The Adlerian Society is pleased to announce that it will be running another Introduction to Adlerian Psychology Course in the Spring of 2017. The Course is open entry and will be suitable for anyone who is interested in counselling, personal development, support, working with children and young people, or in understanding what motivates human behaviour.
Entry Requirements and Accreditation
The course is open to anyone above the age of 18 years. The course is accredited by the Adlerian Society and successful completion gives access to the Certificate in Adlerian Counselling for those over the age of 23 years, or for suitably qualified professionals over the age of 25, the Adlerian Diploma. A certificate of attendance is given by the Adlerian Society of Wales.
Course content and methodology
The Course will include short lectures/seminars, counselling demonstrations, small group work, experiential exercises and, where applicable, one to one tutorials.
Course content includes a thorough introduction to Adlerian theory and practice and a range of counselling skills including the following:-
- Key concepts and theory of Adlerian Psychology.
- Birth Order: understanding how our place in the family system influences our personality.
- Childhood Early Memories: the key to understanding human behaviour and self-concept.
- Counselling Demonstrations.
- Encouraging Co-operative Children: the mistaken goals of child behaviour.
- Family Constellations: how family atmosphere, values and myths play their part in our lives.
- Dreams and their interpretation.
- The Adlerian concept of neurosis and mental health.
- Social Interest: the measure of mental health.
- How to bring about changes of behaviour.
- Practice in a range of counselling and communication skills.
Booking: Please contact: Administrator, Adlerian Society of Wales, 56 St James Street, Narberth, SA67 7DA
Tel: 01834 860330 Email: email@example.com.